Benefit - The POREfessional



This review is not sponsored. All thoughts and opinions are our own. We didn’t receive nothing from the brand.



Hello Beauties,



Today we bring you the POREfessional by Benefit, a balm that in theory minimize the appearance of pores, fine lines and help makeup stay put. 
When I saw this balm at Sephora, all I could think was ‘yes, yes, yes’. My skin is a mist of combination skin and oily. I also have some open pores at my cheek and in my chin, so in theory this product should be perfect.

The package is beautiful and the balm has a little bit color when you put it in your hand, but in skin, is transparent.

Before I give my personal opinion, let’s see what the package says about the product:

“Apply this silky, lightweight formula to minimize the appearance of pores & fine lines for smoother-than-smooth skin”.



So far so good...



How can we use it?

 According to the website and the instruction manual, we have two ways:

  • We can pat a thin layer on, to moisturized skin from the center of the face outward with fingertips. Wait a few seconds and apply makeup as usual or wear alone.
  • If pores come out hiding, we can pat delicately over makeup on problem areas & blend.
  • A friend told me that there is a third way, we could mixture the foundation and the balm and apply on the face the mixture.


I’ve tried all the ways. And …. I must say that the only that work for me was the first one.



The second and the third were a mess. I didn’t like it, at all. For some reason in my combination skin If I put this product after the foundation my skin produces more oil. Blah! And If I mixture the two of them, the result is the same!



The first option was the best, but (yes there is a but) without foundation. Because if I put foundation after the balm, it makes me patches in my dry areas (like between the brows and nose).

Normally I use this product alone, when I have that day that I don’t want to use a heavy makeup, and It’s great, it gives me a smooth appearance without foundation!

In my opinion, this product more or less fulfills what they promised. It minimizes the appearance of pores but it doesn’t help makeup to stay put.



Take into consideration that I don’t have a lot of open pores, so if you have I can’t promise that you’ll see a big difference, but you’ll see some.



4 of 5 stars



In Portugal, this product can be bought in Sephora and it cost 34€ (22 ml) and 13€ (7,5 ml).



If you have curiosity, you can go to the website www.benefitcosmetics.com/uk/en-gb/product/the-porefessional-face-primer 
You can also buy it at www.sephora.com/the-porefessional-face-primer-P264900




Did you try it? What do you think? Let us know...

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Sunday #7 - It's new and we want to try it...

Yves Rocher - Makeup Remover Glove

Monday mask #8 - L’Oréal Paris Mask Detox effect