Sunday #5 - It's new and we want it...

byARita
Hello beauties,

Tomorrow is Monday and as always, I’m already a little bit sad. The weekend is so short and time passes so quickly. Three months and we are in Christmas! I can’t believe it. (Bear with me, I love Christmas – it’s my favorite time of the year!)

But this not why we are here. Today is still Sunday, so we are here to relax and see new things that we want to try (take this as a mental exercise, better than Yoga).

This week we wanted to try something new, so we picked a website and we only choose new things from that website. The winner for this week is Net-a-Porter!

Net-a-porter is my Achilles’ heel (I have many). The design is very appellative (but the prices not so) and the products are very beautiful and from good (and expensive) brands. I just bought one product on this website a long time ago and the order arrived very fast (as well very beautifully packaged).

So, with no more delays, here are our picks for this week…



# Victoria Beckham Estée Lauder Matte Lipstick - $50

Truthfully, I would like to try all the products from this collection, but if I need to choose one product (everything is so crazy expensive, I know) I think I would like to try the Burnished Rose Matte Lipstick.

This collection was created in collaboration with Estée Lauder, and according to the website, these lipsticks provide opaque, long-lasting color in one swipe. (well this is a statement of value). This formula dries to a matte finish that feels comfortable on the lips.





In order:

- ‘Burnished Rose’ is a youthful, soft-pink that works well for every day.

- ‘Victoria’ is a signature lipstick, neither too red nor too yellow, just the neutral for all complexions. – Currently is out of stock! Sorry!

 This is a very expensive lipstick, so before I buy it, I need to see how this color is in my skin I really need to like it and even then, I know that I will save the product and probably cry the money spent!



# Hourglass Ambient Lighting Edit – Volume 3 - $80

This palette promises a radiant complexion. It features six pressed pigments with transparent glittering particles that can be used to highlight, contour and add pops of color.


Diffused Light’ is a pearl-toned finishing powder

Hypnotic Strobe Light’ is a marbled bronze and taupe highlighter.

Dim Light’ is a peachy-pink finishing powder.

Luminous Bronze Light’ is a marbled pink and champagne-hued bronzer

Surreal Halo’ is a bronze marbled blush mixed with hues of purple

Pure Effect’ is a coral marbled blush mixed with hues of bright pink



# Nars ‘Bord de Plage’ Highlighting and Bronzing Palette - $60

This is a limited-edition palette (Am I the only one that likes limited editions?) that is inlaid with six weightless powders that create a soft-focus glow. These are perfect to contour the face and blur imperfections while accentuating and defining the features. In theory, this is all that I need (who don’t? – put your hand in the air if you do…my arms are hurt).





# Kjaer Weis Cream Blush – $56

These cream blushes are available in five shades to choose. All of them are infused with Castor Seed and Jojoba Oils to help strengthen and nourish the skin. They are formulated with Rose Rubiginosa Seed Oil to fight signs of aging. What I really like is the fact that this product is free from gluten, petroleum, parabens, artificial coloring and fragrance.





Embrance’, it’s a nude pink suitable to all skin complexions.
Sun Touched’, it’s a coral cream blush (creates the illusion of a youthful, sun-kissed glow). It’s flattering on those with olive or golden complexions.
Above and Beyond’, it’s also great on the lips. It’s perfect for medium to dark skin tones.

Desired Glow’, it’s perfect to give the illusion of just returning from holiday (with the look of a subtle tan).

Blossoming’, it’s current sold out.



# Smith & Cult the Tainted Lip Stain – Demon Dazed - $24

This lip stain is part of the label’s ‘Diary of a Beauty Junkie’ collection. It’s designed to moisturize and plump, gliding on like a balm and drying to a velvet matte finish. ‘Demon Daze’ is a burnt-red with terracotta undertones that looks especially flattering on those with warmer complexions. It’s not my case, because I’m very light but I’m in love with this color (and the packaging is beautiful too).






# Smith & Cult B-line Eye pen - $26

On the same week, we try to never choose two products from the same brand, but if you follow us on the Instagram ( @beautyworkerslife ) you know about my search to a good eyeliner, so this catches my eye (great choice of words).

According to the website, this eyeliner glides on effortlessly, leaving a smooth, silky line of rich evergreen color that dries to a matte finish. The color looks beautiful!






# Avène 3 in 1 Makeup Remover (200ml) - $20

Sometimes I’m lazy and I love a good makeup remover that doesn't need water! Sue me! This remover gently dissolves makeup without the need of water – simply apply it with your fingertips and remove with a cotton pad. Simple! It’s also infused with the brand’s signature Thermal Avène Water to cleanse and soothe. I think this is perfect for those days when we feel lazy or when we are traveling.





# Goldfaden MD Detox Clarifying Facial Wash (120ml) - $35

As I said I’m only lazy sometimes because normally I like to wash every day my face with a good cleanser. This face wash is made with two combinations of Alpha Hydroxy Acids that go deep into pores to dissolve oil and lift out dirt. The result is a smoother, radiant and more refined complexion.






# bodhi and birch Desert Rose Facial Oil (15ml) - £38.00

Finally, we always like to choose a product for a brand that we follow on Instagram. Bodhi and birch are established in the UK since 2010 and has since grown to be a brand synonymous with aromatherapy skincare and wellbeing.

After seeing the website, we fall in love with the Desert Rose facial oil. This oil is rich in essential fatty acids and antioxidants, plus potent vitamins to nourish skin and boost cellular regeneration. According to the website, skin feels velvety smooth with a youthful glowing radiance. And don’t forget the sublime scent of roses.  You can buy it on their website here.  





Have you tried any of these products? Comment down below.

*not sponsored.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Sunday #7 - It's new and we want to try it...

Yves Rocher - Makeup Remover Glove

Monday mask #8 - L’Oréal Paris Mask Detox effect